Originally adopted by the National Spiritualist Association
Sec. 1-6 - Chicago, Illinois, 1899
Sec. 7-8 - Rochester, New York, 1909
Sec. - St. Louis, Missouri, 1944
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature's physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
Adopted by the National Spiritualist Association of Churches October 9-1914, October 24-1919, October 24-1951
1. Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
2.A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between these and the spirit world by means of mediumship and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication.
3. A Medium is on whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and through whose instrumentality, intelligence in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
4. A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through one's own inherent powers or through Mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.
5. The Phenomena of Spiritualism consists of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Gift of Tongues, Laying on of Hands, and Independent Writings and Paintings, Voice, Materialization, Photography, Psychometry and any other manifestation proving the continuity of life as demonstrated through the physical and Spiritual senses and faculties of humanity.
"Spiritualism Is a Religion" because it strives to understand and to comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature, "which are the laws of God."
In the amount of your choice (5$ minimum) Give the gift of Education. May be used for Books, Classes, Seminars, Pastoral Skills, Correspondence Courses and more! Request your certificates by mailing your check or by phone or fax with your visa or master card.
Visit the home of the NSAC at http://www.nsac.org/
Copyright © 2001-06 Morris Pratt Institute